AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Hello MetalDuster, Apologies it took some 6 weeks to respond...

1. 32 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Hello MetalDuster,
    Apologies it took some 6 weeks to respond friend, and maybe most of this doesn't really matter now since the emotions have blown over (until next report perhaps!) but thought I would go ahead and post anyway. It was never any intention of mine to show you up, as you put it, and don't wish you to take it that way. I admire your ability to lay aside your own ego in light of any perceived differences, and note that it is a sign of intelligence that one is able to do so. Sometimes I think it can just be coming to a point of understanding each other, rather than a question of our intellects. We all live in our separate realities, with different filters, interpretations, life experience and knowledge, so it can take some effort to understand, as much as one can, what goes on inside someone else's mind and what it means, let alone understanding our own!

Unfortunately, we are not helped with the limitations in converting thoughts into words where it is easy to be misunderstood as well as not always being able to, or failing to, convey the fullness of ones thoughts, and that is why I had responded to you earlier to try and make it a bit clearer in where I was coming from. Thanks for your kind words, and know that sometimes things you have posted have helped me to think about things from a different aspect also, and I wish you best on your investment here too. It's a really tough time to be invested with what's going on in the world, especially after what we've already been through in the years before covid unleashed.

My initial intention was just trying to place forth some thoughts amidst the general negativity that was going on, which not all of it, but maybe the majority, to my view, has been due to emotional reactions to share price, unmet expectations, distorted and disproportionate comparisons, and limitations in thinking which aren't very constructive, and can result in unsubstantiated claims that tend to bring down others in their thinking. It is what it is, but when people, including me, get stuck in a limited or fixed perception of things, especially when it is not reality, then one cannot see beyond it until further enlightenment approaches and one can hopefully grasp it.

I best get on with sharing a few more of my thoughts around this report and other things that were raised in general and this is not anything toward you Metal Duster. Apologies in advance for any repetition of things already said in the past.

The PLS comparisons have already been talked about enough. The taking aim at management over this report, I didn't fully understand. I'm not trying to be a smart arse, but should the management have gone to Mount Cattlin, yelled with shaken fist at the ore body currently being worked through, for not being other than the grade it physically is? Maybe I should yell at my little yellow canary for not being Big Bird. At Olaroz, regarding stage 2 delays... Should they have held an assembly for the 800 personnel currently on site, and yelled at them with shaken fist? What about the suppliers of the necessary piping and electrical equipment, who cannot deliver as scheduled due to manufacturing and supply constraints... I think my point can be seen. One can be disappointed about these things, but there's nothing much anyone can do and it pays to have an understanding as to the reasons given for the results and why they are so. They are not implausible.

There is A LOT going on with this company right now as it journeys through this phase of growth. Do management have their hands full to the point that things are not as effective as they otherwise could be? Are they over reaching or out of their depth in what they are trying to achieve? These are comments that have been made here by others, and I don't know, but do any of us? This is one reason why I said maybe they do need to employ others, if they can source them, and I guess naturally positions are created, advertisements will be made, and candidates selected as it becomes clear where and when they are required. The latest appointment of Peter Coleman will prove valuable one would hope. I don't currently have reason to believe that what is being embarked upon cannot be achieved, I have in the past also tried to point out that people have to be given a chance. But besides all of this I previously explained my point upon management being at the mercy somewhat of all those below them, in how well they perform and the way things shape up. So, with these things in mind, as well as the complexities of AKE's operations, I don't see how sacking the current lot a little over one year after the merge and bringing in Ken Brinsden as a replacement is going to prove or achieve much

In this announcement is stated, 800 people alone working at the Olaroz expansion on the ground. I suggest people use it as a picture and then extrapolate it to all the other AKE projects and the sheer size of the tasks underway. Do people appreciate what is happening here when we hear some of the criticisms and negative remarks or is all they see the current share price or negative feelings from things in the past, forgetting where this company is heading as these projects progress and what it takes to do it, as well as the past experience to build upon? If I am just honing in on what may be a passing moment of frustration for some, perhaps next time it could be looked upon in a different way?

If the expectation is that everything will go smoothly without delays or issues happening, particularly in the face of these past 2 years and especially with the amount of work happening here, well what can one really say. I would also add that whatever problems may crop up for any lithium miner, even if one company were to experience an issue that another one in a somewhat comparable position does not, it does not automatically equate to a difference of good or bad management at the top. As Gcar rightly pointed out, how many other brine operations are there to compare AKE to anyhow?

I understand for long term holders it has been a long time waiting, but I don't think things have panned out badly, having come from the Galaxy side of the fence, not being here as long as others, and knowing little of Orecobre's past. Previous Gxy management got Mt Cat started up with GMM and further improvements were made, they pursued a course of trying to get a partner for SDV, which took its time, but didn't work out, during which time, lithium prices were dropping until it dropped to its lowest, and it seems to be a fair potential that not knowing back then what the prices of lithium were to make it to today, that it would not have been an easy time to be trying to broker a deal over SDV that was going to be in the best interest of shareholders and not be taken advantage of. That is one reason why it may well be a good thing that things happened as they did. I'll finish up there.

The future ought to be rewarding for those who stayed the course, imo, and hopefully we don't have to go through too much turmoil next year on financial markets but it will be what it will be, best wishes all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.