PRU 1.64% $2.48 perseus mining limited

The reconciliation results for Sissingue are for a mix of...

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1868

Hi Cream, whilst I do agree somewhat that having the plant in operation is a good social license, running one that is unprofitable (plus, the gold is a finite resource, and burning through the resource achieves little, plus... reduced taxes and financial benefits for the local community), is only going to work in the short term. Plus... the operation is a minor compared to Edikan and Yauoure. PRUs AISC would decrease which would push it further down the cost curve compared to it's peers and only shave off 50k p.a.

Most investors now agree that it's margin that matters, not the amount of ounces you produce.

Hey @nordesmic - I agree about the value, but... the capital and personnel being utilized at the project could potentially be at a much larger, more viable asset. As for Jeff being upbeat about the next couple of years... we will see, he's unlikely to talk down the asset either way (but happy to be proven wrong).
    The outperformance of grade was for the main deposit beside the plant, so for now I discount any outperformance at other deposits. How many years have NST held onto POGO... yet the mine is never going to make a $1. Perhaps I am just disappointed in PRU because they have been in a strong position cash and script wise, yet... not moved on anything other than Sudan in many years. The team they have for building projects is.. simply not being utilized.

Surely we are getting close to the point where PRU has to do something... with the cash, dividend, acquisition, share buy back etc.. (though I have been thinking that for a while now).

The reconciliation results for Sissingue are for a mix of satellite Fimbiasso pits and the original Sissingue pits. The detail however specifically talks about the ore body at Fimbiasso West starting at a higher elevation than the block model predicted. How that translates to the rest of Fimbiasso is a bit unclear. He did also mention about processing low grade stockpiles as a way to extend mine life.

I get your thinking about the personnel and capital focus potentially being utilised elsewhere. Endeavour has offloaded assets very well, however they have a suite of high quality development projects. Perseus doesn’t have a pipeline and Jeff is openly fairly picky about what they want to acquire. Capital resources aren’t much of a problem for them right now. I don’t think they’d be losing much focus on the bigger picture by continuing the small scale Sissingue operation.

My money still on a consolidation in West Africa of some sort. Capital return seems likely too even if in the form of a one off special dividend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.48
Change
0.040(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $3.407B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.45 $2.48 $2.43 $7.034M 2.857M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14815 $2.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.48 105878 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.47
  Change
0.040 ( 1.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.46 $2.48 $2.43 553373
Last updated 15.59pm 27/05/2024 ?
PRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.