BCN 0.00% 3.0¢ beacon minerals limited

Jesus, how are you investing so much money into a dividend...

1. 258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 470
    Jesus, how are you investing so much money into a dividend paying company when you don’t even know how dividends work?

There are 3.7B odd shares in the company I think (based on the fact the market cap is $97.7M at a price of $0.026) so a $0.001 dividend will cost them $3.7M. At 3.5c, the cost of a dividend of $0.001 is still $3.7M because there’s still 3.7B shares outstanding. The price has nothing to do with cost of a dividend basically, it’s dependant on the number of shares.

This explains your incessant uneducated negative dribble about the company’s lack of a hedge at certain prices. Your complaint of them not hedging at $2800 was wrong and now you telling them to hedge at $3000 for the last few months (luckily they didn’t listen to you and locked in $3110) is also well off too.

You add zero value to these threads and everyone is sick of your whinging comments, please limit your comments or at least put more thought into them and wonder what would actually add value to these conversations.

Speaking of actual BCN itself, here’s my 2cents of the topics been going around the last month.

Hedge: Didn’t like them hedging at $3110 as I think gold will only go up slowly over the next 5-10 years as the global economy turns to shit with the ridiculous amounts of debt being issued. By all reports, the US debt is past that event horizon so to speak and there’s no way their tax receipts and any other incomes will be sufficient to pay back the $33trillion! I can also slightly understand why BCN is hedging at these prices if they want to guarantee a revenue for the Lady Ida and Timor Leste prospects in the next 6 months, but gold just seems to have way too much support this year.

Share Price: Well under where it should be but without any institutional buying or support, of course we’re sitting at these levels. Only way for this stock to go up is hit something big in Timor Leste or hit up companies that get these big funds on board to put a base on the SP. But something does need to be done about the share price because not all investors are in financial positions where they can sit money in this for 10 years waiting for dividends and some want share price appreciation to buy their first house etc.

Buybacks: Yes they may be keeping the share price low to buy shares for themselves or to buy back shares for the company, but I don’t think the directors have purposely kept the price down. I agree with buybacks as I’ve previously mentioned; it should drive up prices a bit, reduce shares and add confidence to a stock when investors see the company values it’s long term prospects higher than the share price.

Crypto: Agree the shitcoins are to be avoided at all costs, but I see Bitcoin going up a lot the next 12months (ETF approval very likely now the SEC didn’t appeal the grayscale case) and will grow over the next 20 years, albeit with high volatility. I think everyone should read up and listen to more podcasts about the fundamentals of Bitcoin. A podcast called We Study Billionaires who are a few genius economic minds that interview other geniuses around the world, they run a weekly Bitcoin podcast. Listen to the first few of those, BTC001 for example. Some mind blowing stuff and an alternative to the broken fractional reserve system and the constant printing by the Fed. Not saying to put much into Bitcoin, but just understand it and the lightning network and realise how many huge and smart players around the world are coming around to it now. It’s worth a little exposure to in a diversified portfolio.

Future of BCN: Very bright. I’ve been buying at these levels the last few months both personally and in my SMSF. At $100M market cap, with all our current tenements, processing plant, mining fleet, most likely Lady Ida that should add 200koz+ and of course a highly prospective Timor Leste, if you’re willing to hold long term, you’ll well and truly make a lot of money. Just gotta hope some big institutional buying comes on board to really make the share price hit its fair value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $112.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ $28.01K 933.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 99482 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 2107955 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ 376171
Last updated 13.57pm 29/04/2024 ?
BCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.