SZL 0.00% $24.35 sezzle inc.

RE the actual value - who knows. Management watched Sezzle soar...

1. 3,664 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 544
    RE the actual value - who knows. Management watched Sezzle soar to around aud$2b once ( speculation and hype ), but now that Sezzle is profitable and potentially growing, you can actually start to apply more traditional valuation methods, or use peer comparisons.

There aren't a whole lot of "successful" standalone bnpl around the world - by successful I guess I mean the ones who have managed to survive the last 2 years and are turning a corner - but two worth looking at are Tabby and Zilch. Both have recently raised capital and so have recent valuations at usd$1.5b and usd$2b. Theyre both looking to IPO in different exchanges (UK and Saudi), but both are reasonably comparable to Sezzle imo, at least in service offering and size.

It's hard to dig out figures but if you snoop around on Google you can find some info. Check Tabby, they claim to have 5m active users - almost twice as many as Sezzle and 30k brands (aka merchants?) vs Sezzle 35k merchants. Zilch claim to have 3m customers (although not sure if active or not). I believe neither are profitable
    Last edited by Prestonian: 06/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.