GDG 2.11% $2.79 generation development group limited

"I lack your detailed knowledge and so am happy to be corrected...

1. 122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    "I lack your detailed knowledge and so am happy to be corrected but your statement implies a fair whack of the 97 per cent of 'lower income earners' may find investment bonds either very satisfactory, or 'not disastrous' in terms of their personal circumstances. But I defer to you."

Just on this, it's quite the contrary. The statement implies that the 97% of 'lower income earners' would find bonds very UN-satisfactory. Hence the concerns around the value proposition. It's not disastrous of course, but the whole point is a product that is differentiated, otherwise we wouldn't pay a premium price for the business.

Regarding the MOAT, what this company does have is the PDF status for shareholders, that's something very powerful in a model like this one which just off market returns alone, should be able to consistently grow FUA over time in mid-high single digits with expense growth likely well and truly lower paced. Just on that alone, the business is probably fairly priced even as it is assuming no aggressive re-rating up or down.

Then you get sales inflows for each product, which is the whole cruxt of my concern.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.79
Change
-0.060(2.11%)
Mkt cap ! $829.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.85 $2.86 $2.79 $310.9K 109.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 32 $2.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.83 2369 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GDG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.