AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Ann: September quarterly activities report, page-41

1. 954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 221
    Just had an unsolicited call from. AKE re the proposed merger.
    The ‘spruiker’ who admitted he knew little of SOA takeover/merger processes and requirements was wanting to know if I wanted more info .... what hope has someone like that reading from an AKE propaganda/cheat sheet explaining any more than what we know from announcements (for someone eho has been reading same).
    He got a good earful of my feelings from a ‘not large’, but ‘not insignificant value’ retail,holder.

I do not know where you ‘fit into the picture’, but many ppl should have a read of Sect 8 of the Allens guide to SOA takeovers to make sure they basic understanding of the processes and requirements which are quite different to classical market takeovers.
    It became very clear in the recent proposed SOA takeover, now withdrawn, of LTR by ALB that many fid NOT understand the differences, and especially the power of numerous small shareholders ( evdn though they combined, might only hold say 10% of compsny should they get organised and vote as a bloc).
    Its pretty clear the ‘suits’ and ‘big end of town’ arrogantly think they can ‘run the show’ and companies are their playthings .... but they may well be in for some ‘learnings’ that this may not always be the case.

Maybe AKE is now out trying to gauge shareholder sentiment / support for deal as it looks more and more AKE shareholders might have ‘rough end of pineapple’

https://content.allens.com.au/the-allens-handbook-on-takeovers-in-australia/schemes-of-arrangement/
    Last edited by jm3767: 26/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.