SER 30.0% 1.3¢ strategic energy resources limited

Datt is a well known stockpicker, no question there, he's pretty...

1. 1,090 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 198
    Datt is a well known stockpicker, no question there, he's pretty smart. The interesting thing is that he is beholden to no other organization but his own. If he's smiling like a cheshire cat these days its because he's done mighty nicely these past few years. And no, I don't think his success can be attributed to luck - he's dedicated and his researchers are pretty savvy.

Datt obviously invests in his own fund, Datt Capital. We know about that. But he also quietly puts his personal family money in a rare few companies that might not always suit Datt Capital's clients.

WA1 was one such example, he put a lot of personal money into this ticker. His timing was impeccable and this one trade rocketed him into orbit. I am not sure if he will stick around in WA1 - only time will tell.

SER is another company he keeps loading up on. Datt's presence on the SER register is not necessarily a buy signal. But with over 2000 ASX companies demanding my research time, his positions definitely pique my interest.

In my lifetime I have met many junior mining and exploration CEOs who look me in the eye and lie through their teeth. More often than not, these guys have minimal skin in the game. Datt has obviously done some homework and been impressed by the SER team. He has seen fit to invest his personal family cash into SER, for whatever reason.

I've spoken to the SER CEO and am, so far, happy at what I see. Of course, like everyone else I'm not happy at the prospect of further dilution. However, it would seem as if they are careful with money and are trying hard to get major players to pay for drilling. Fingers crossed. If there's something down there, on territory they control, these folks are the likeliest to find it.

BTW if you want an explorer that is dilution-proof, try TLM - great team, enormous territory, and with incoming royalties funding exploration. I declare my interest in this one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SER (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.003(30.0%)
Mkt cap ! $6.316M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.4¢ 1.1¢ $154.6K 12.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 1802000 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 241665 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.14pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.3¢
  Change
0.003 ( 30.0 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.1¢ 1.4¢ 1.1¢ 2510358
Last updated 14.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
SER (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.