AVR 2.33% $14.65 anteris technologies ltd

Ann: Settlement of Federal Court Proceedings-AHZ.AX, page-64

1. 2,997 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1829
    I agree it would be nice to know. The fact is we don't know and can't know. We will see the numbers somewhere in the accounts in due course. Whatever it cost us will be money well spent as legal issues hang over a company and stop many would be investors from taking up shares in the company. It's one thing to worry about what it might cost us but it's far worse to have it hanging around another two years with a potential loss far greater.

I think everyone should be pleased and a little releaved to be able to put this behind us and that we had the financial backing to deal with it. I certainly don't care if we used some of the capital raising money to settle as the benefits will IMO outweigh the costs.

I can't understand this forum sometimes. We have had nothing but good news since May and everyone just tries so hard to find negative things to say. For example how does settling a court case end up whinging again about failure rates??? I mean seriously, we have already discussed that to death. We had some issues in manufacturing and they have / are being addressed and they will contribute to improved margins and a shorter time to profitability going forward.

What has happened in the past has happened and no one can change that now. All we can do is look at the company right NOW, look at its improved management, reduced legal risk, look at its improved guidance, look at its new product releases, look at its impending Vax results, look at its reduced cost base, look at its balance sheet and look at its superior products in the market and ask is this company good value? Is it potentially worth more than 80 million over the next 3 years and am I happy owning / holding this stock. The answer for me is a huge yes and while we need to be critical of past poor performance I feel the time has come to start judging AHZ on the basis of code red and ongoing performance from here.

So far for me this has a big tick of approval. The next 6 months will confirm it and we will be on our way. If it's not confirmed I will be the first to say it didn't work out as planned and I will gladly (albeit sadly) walk away. Right now I am as positive about this company as ever just based on the current facts in front of me. That's all I can assess right now as what has happened in the past is history. It's what happens tomorrow that I really care about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.65
Change
-0.350(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $309.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.50 $14.94 $14.25 $1.266M 86.85K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 126 $14.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.65 99 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.