IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

morning all, hi SynQuasigentlemen, I happily stand corrected on...

1. 83,533 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning all, hi SynQuasi

gentlemen, I happily stand corrected on the flood mapping issue -- here is the reply to my question.

I will now go and have a coffee and get rightfully excited as you all are.

have a great day - this is looking good and I say again, very very undervalued.

Pinto

(my question is below the answer).

Hi Pinto,

Essentially yes, although our DEMs currently have a few issues that Stuart Nixon has been working on, but they can provide useful information. Our aim is to have a Lidar "comparable" DEM product that is *almost* as good as lidar, but at a fraction of the price.

We have actually provided some raw DEM data (not the pretty pitcures of the site) to DERM, BCC etc for these purposes. Note that most states already have accurate LIDAR data over the main urban areas already.

What they've been finding is their flood models are actually wrong (flood water doesn't just follow the terrain), so they are using the imagery and other data to try to refine their flood models. So there is a good case for before/during/after coverage on a wider scale for DEM & Imagery.

regards

Simon

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:01 PM, pinto wrote:
    Hi Simon,

There is a small discussion on terrain mapping going on at present.

The discussion centers around whether or not the type of flood mapping insurance companies are talking about can be done using Nearmap/terrain data.

I have no idea at all ----------- can we do that?

Are we able to provide either topo maps or data that can be made into topo maps - accurate enough?

tia

Pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.