SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Ann: SGH advises Watchstone Group Plc of claim under SPA-SGH.AX, page-126

1. 1,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    As a secondary point, it was interesting that the text you quoted had the anticipated PSD operating margin at 27% (I had never come across this figure before). Hard to say what proportion of revenue was expected to be from NIHL settlements, which clearly haven't come to fruition... yet.

"For the 2015/16 financial year, with new NIHL cases halted, S&G predicted that PSD would generate £340m of revenue, with £95m EBITDA"

But these numbers do suggest there may be some hope for SGS yet.

Back to your main point, I hear what you are saying. AG perhaps could have done more to take responsibility for his part in shareholder's eyes. He did offer to resign, perhaps not enough for some. He did forgo a bonus, perhaps he will do so again in FY 17.
    The pragmatic approach is implementation of the PIP, which will continue irrespective of today's events. As for ST traders, I have said this before, you can't control their motivations or actions so why worry about them.

The dual focus should be management of the PIP and reorg to restore stability and longevity, and also restoring confidence in executive management and the BoD (if possible). Perhaps today's move was done in the spirit of transparency. Would SGH pursue a warranty claim if they thought the net benefit of airing the dirty laundry would be detrimental to them? AG is an experienced litigator so he must have some confidence they have a claim. This doesn't absolve him of all responsibility but why not claim if there is a case to be made. Just my 2 cents worth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.