DRE 8.33% 2.6¢ dreadnought resources ltd

Was sent an announcement this morning from someone asking for a...

1. 1,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 517
    Was sent an announcement this morning from someone asking for a bit of help in interpreting what it meant. I thought I might make a post about it so others can hopefully learn something from it too.The announcement was released this morning from $DRE. Disclaimer: I don't hold or have an interest in $DRE. This is purely for educational purposes in interpreting an announcement. Geologically, there's a bit to it and i can see why it could seem complex to investors. In order to understand this announcement (and future similar announcements), you need to have a basic understanding of the many different styles of deposits. I'll name a small few below:1. Porphyry deposits.2. Orogenic, Greenstone hosted, Archaen Lode Gold (many names but the same style).3. Volcanic hosted massive sulfide deposits.4. Skarn deposits.5. Intrusive related deposits.If you can understand the style of deposit at an early stage, you'll be able to gather a lot of information such as potential size, grade expectations, etc.. I won't dig into every style here but hopefully I can briefly touch on them and use an ASX announcement as an example every so often.It's always difficult to say what style a deposit is so early on. Its also possible that you have a combination of deposit styles. Looking at $DRE's Chicken Little target (would love to know how they came up with that name!), there are some clues as to what we may be looking at and it's probably intrusive related. To put it very simply, intrusive related gold is when a felsic pluton (such as a granite) intrudes at depth (see below picture). Gold and other metals are concentrated within a liquid as the pluton crystalises from magma to rock. As you can imagine, the more the magma chamber crsytalises, the more the pressure builds on the metal containing liquid. The liquid eventually shoots off away from the pluton into the surrounding country rock. Gold is typically transported in what's known as a Thio complex, Au(HS)2.Let's start with the geochemical signature they talk about. They mentioned a geochemical gradient transitioning from Mo-W (Molybdenum-Tungsten) to Bi-Te (Bismuth-Tellurium) and As-Sb (Arsenic-Antimony). This is a very typical geochemical signature for intrusive gold. So the Significance of this geochemical signature: Closer to the felsic intrusion (Proximal Zone), the Mo-W is higher. As you move away from the intrusion (Intermediate Zone), the geochemical signature changes to Bi-Te Further away again (Distal Zone), you tend to get more As-Sb . It's a geochemical method used to establish the distance from the intrusive. You tend to get differing amounts of gold with each zone.Next, why is the BIF (Banded Iron Formation) important. Well in order for a deposit to form, the gold needs to "drop out" of its transport complex. How does it drop out? A couple of ways listed below:1. Take the sulfur out of the complex.2. Drop the pressure.3. Change the Ph and Eh.4. Trap the gold (faults, jogs, etc.)What BIFs tend to do is, is number 1. As the gold sulfur complex hits the magnetite within the BIF, the sulfur reacts with it and you get pyrite (an iron sulfide). Consequently, the gold drops out . That could explain why with $DRE's announcement, the gold seems to be focused within the BIF for their chicken little target.Finally, $DRE makes mention of the silver within their recent drill intercept. You rarely get silver within an orogenic deposit. This is more indicative that chicken little is intrusive related. This theory on the style type could change over time as the more info becomes available. Thanks for reading!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.002(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $91.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.5¢ $136.1K 5.320M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1656885 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 863587 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.