KTA 4.55% 1.1¢ krakatoa resources limited

Ann: Shallow nuggety gold system identified at Quartz Ridge, page-7

1. 9,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1119
    I've only just caught up with the announcement.

The reality is that these reef vein systems are hard to explore and the mineralisation in this area particularly so because there's little to no dissemination. Ie you've got to hit the veins or you get nothing. It's needle in the haystack stuff and may be the reason that the historic mines just stopped even though they should theoretically be in mineralisation. Eg faults shifting the system making it very difficult for them to find to pick it up.

But there is gold here. What surprised me a bit was that I thought Dead Horse was going to be the most productive rather than the other Quartz Ridge holes. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing to get excited about any of them apart from the fact that we have confirmed gold presence and have gained insight into the geology (on which note, I think this is a good quality report for shareholders understanding).

The question is, how much effort should we expend in pursuing these assets? Hard to define, probably only gold prospective, some difficult terrain. For me they are interesting but clearly ranking as the least of all our projects per @beethoven1's comment about side projects. I would have preferred that drilling happened at Belgravia first and have recently spoken to the company about just that question. Renewal of licences were the obstacle, along with some landholder issues in the east of Belgravia.

Now that Belgravia is sorted and Rand is on the way and Mt Clere hopefully granted, I think we should park Britannia/Quartz Ridge for another time.

On the other projects, I really want drills in the ground at Belgravia. I'm convinced we will identify both copper and gold and with copper so hot for next year, it could give us plenty.

Btw I suspect this won't be the only announcement we see this week. There appears to be some interest in picking up more at the lows

Last edited by seals: 24/11/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KTA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.