TGM 3.57% 13.5¢ theta gold mines limited

Bill for some reason i assumed you meant the options were...

1. 10,959 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 975
    Bill for some reason i assumed you meant the options were 'issued and paid for', some companies do that. I understand what you're talking about, but let's look at the facts, the option holders understand what they've bought.

Of course they know what they bought, but some and I say some may take the capital loss this financial year if that's what is best for them.

Say you were to sell, you'd be selling at 0.002, hardly worth it for the sake of a tax loss in the current FY against the potential return of 10x that sale price post June.

That would depend on their own personal situation and expectation over the remaining time the options are active. Some may decide that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... so to speak....

Bearing in mind the average trade size of options has been tiny, 12 million options got traded over the past 12 months, 1m of that was a few days ago.

If that is the case then those are the potential options that could possibly be used as capital losses. The others at zero cost would all be of no use in this situation and should remain firmly held.

Most of the big option trades would have been to wait for conversion, there are accounting rules that allow for the write off of stock if the assumed value is $0 (even if you haven't sold them), let's say in the next FY the value has returned, you write them back.

Don't know anything about that, but you are saying that only about 12 million options were sold on market so these are the only relevant options in the discussion.

Hope that helps..

I knew what I was talking about, but perhaps this subject has run its course, become a train wreck and can be put to bed now for good... I'm beginning to wish that I hadn't posted in the beginning.
    Last edited by Bill Gates: 24/04/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $96.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 13.0¢ $8.833K 67.28K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 60146 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 150004 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.13pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TGM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.