ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    I like MIR a lot, although nobody ever mentions it .
    One of the best ways to invest in mid cap and small cap ASX stocks via a LIC.
    performance over the past 10 years has been great and easily outperformed AFI, ARG, MLT, BKI, AUI etc.
    In fact 10 year performance has beaten nearly all other LICs that have been around that long.
    https://www.firstlinks.com.au/lic-reports
    MER at 0.6%p.a is higher than the the others mentioned, but a lot lower than newer LICs which often charge over 1% p.a. plus performance fees. MIR has no performance fees which is a big plus. Small cap fund managers otherwise always charge hefty performance fees.
    The downsides are :
    dividends are not consistent. They have a base dividend of 10cps each year ( half year 3.5c followed by 6.5c at end of year ) but some years the dividends are higher, sometimes not.
    Also MIR most often trades at substantial premium to NTA , in some recent years as high as 25% which is insane. As shown on their website, it traded at strong premiums from 2012 all the way to 2019, so waiting for a good entry point can be very frustrating. I was happy to buy at slightly under NTA last year and the recent SPP was also nice.
    ASX trading liquidity is not bad but obviously nowhere near as good as with AFI, ARG etc .
    Last edited by woollydog: 17/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MIR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.