LTR 0.00% $1.12 liontown resources limited

Had a chat with computershare as well today.I was fairly...

1. 2,103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2139
    Had a chat with computershare as well today.
    I was fairly critical of the company.
    I believe they exposed themselves and us shareholders by continuing to court ALB after the rejection of the $2.50 offer. If they had no intention of entertaining further bids from ALB, they could have gone to market to raise the capital required after the rejection of the $2.50 bid. If they wanted to extract even further value from ALB's interest, they could have rejected the $3 bid (even though they most likely wouldn't have got it without the Board's endorsement) and gone to market for a capital raise then. We would have been raising well north of $1.80, with less dilution, even if the raise was done after the $2.50 bid rejection. They played with fire and got caught with their pants down in my opinion, and here we are raising at $1.80 with the share price languishing at $1.60. I don't believe the BoD have executed this last capital raise well. They got distracted by ALB's interest and lost their way imo. If they had of remained focussed and executed better, we would have been raising around $2.25 - 2.30 imo. Was there never any thought that ALB could walk? The rush to capital raise after ALB walked was not ideal, to say the least.
    They also sent mixed messages to shareholders by saying they would recommend the $3 bid via a SOA, pending DD etc. being met. A little over a month prior to this, TG was on the Gold Coast, telling shareholders he "loved them" and looking forward to dividends. Which was it? Gina's large block trades after hours just added a whole new level of confusion and uncertainty for shareholders. It is clear now what those trades meant (Beware Azure Shareholders!).
    Having said all that, I said I was still here to support the BoD at the AGM. I'm still undecided about the SPP. To be honest, purchasing approximately 17k shares ($30k) is not going to shift the dial with my investment here. I will probably do it just to add a bit more to the company coffers, even though the SPP for shareholders is not significant in the overall scheme of things.
    I hope that this episode has reinvigorated the BoD and now theyremain fully focussed on delivering this project on time and budget. It is clear to me Gina will use any further weakness to her advantage, if the opportunity presents.
    All imo. Good luck.
    G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.12
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.715B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.15 $1.11 $6.437M 5.716M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 110090 $1.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 7995 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.12
  Change
0.000 ( 0.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.13 $1.15 $1.11 1451015
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.