GAS 3.70% 5.6¢ state gas limited

I’m just trying to put together a few clues from the Quarterly...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,206 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1140
    I’m just trying to put together a few clues from the Quarterly to determine if GAS is a buy at these levels.
    1) How much value can the compression plant deliver? Well, we know it maxes out at 1.7 TJ/day. A GJ of gas is worth roughly $15 now. So a TJ is worth $15,000 and 1.7 TJ is $25,500. Let’s say $765,000 per month.
    At the moment they’re only supplying 1 truck and it has taken $40,000 of gas in the first month. That client could use gas for 5 trucks. That might result in $200,000 in sales per month. So plenty of upside yet for sales.

2) How much gas in the ground? Just the Rolleston West lease has a 2C of 275 PJ. Management are hinting that they might get a 2P figure of 30 PJ from that (about 11% of the 2C). As 30 PJ = 30,000 TJ, it has a value of about $450 million. (They say they can sell it for a premium, yada yada yada. I’m just going with $15/GJ.)
    All 2Cs sum to 534 PJ. 11% of that is 58 PJ or $870 million. So plenty of $$$.

If we consider the compressor plant fully operational and earning a gross of $750,000 per month, that is $8,250,000 for 11 months, allowing for a month of down time.
    GAS has SOI now of 225 million. But we know this will increase. I don’t have an exact number but let’s say to 350 million.
    Let’s say operating expenses are 30%. That means earnings are 577,000,000 cents over 350 million shares, or 1.6 cps. If that represents a ROI of 5%, then the SP should be 20 x 1.6 = 32c. Well north of where we are now.
    Of course this is overly simplistic and doesn’t take into account other spending like drilling and pipeline development. But I think, if the possible 2C reserves are proven, it should be profitable.
    I’m sure there are some errors in my estimate. Please point them out so I can make corrections.

The timescale of development I will leave for others to debate.

cheers

FHC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GAS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.