BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Ann: Share Purchase Plan, page-38

1. 1,929 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 689
    Hey Mickey,

I have been interested in BUD since well before their first talk of a deal with Telstra. A couple of years now. There will be some very old posts from me around.

I have been watching close and have invested modest amounts at key times over the last few years.

Has not been a fun ride for anyone, especially if you committed hard and I feel for everyone who has lost a lot which includes some of my family
    as well.

Basically I see the company situation like this at a high level:

They have had a good run at OHM and other products and they have not been able to cut the deals or get the uptake they were wanting/targeting or would have liked early on, this does not mean they are lying it means they are in the same boat as many other new business that they have had a serious crack at the initial products and been ambitious it has not been taken up or sold as well as they would liked in the early timeframes. This is not new, this is not lying it is just new business having a go and not working out but then trying to say to shareholder holders in a public forum that they screwed up a bit without saying they have screwed up and it will take longer to hit break even than they would have liked(but hey some people and black and white and if you don't hit it then they write you off, that is the way it is)...I have been in new businesses and know how hard it is, your best laid plans just often do not go to plan and you have to adapt to survive and learn the hard lessons. Hopefully BUD have learned some important lessons at the same time.

Now BUD have managed to pivot to LIFX and somehow jagged that deal but hurt them a lot in CR's, shares and just cash in general. Tapped them out a lot and smashed the SP. Causes
    mass loss of faith but allows them potentially to survive if CR and financing goes well. SP is smashed to smithereens in the short term but ideally(hopefully) in the long term they hang on to hit their targets and let the already marketed and deals done LIFX products to keep growing naturally(easier to do with established and easier to sell smart lighting).

Everyone can sit back and pick the negative stats or decisions from the last few years but all it is going to do is convince people to sell now at what is seriously low when what could be around the corner is breakeven and a move back up in SP. Newsflash "We are in a serious valley of disillusionment". You test now is do you give in or push on to see the final answer. Can't blame people if they tap out, especially if you ought up near 40c...but if you have children me this far you might as well have the question answered on the 31st Jan.

As I said previously, I think more chance of a move backup in price in the short to medium term than a move further down for various reasons that would take an even longer post to type. I am waiting till 31st Jan 2020 to see if that is breakeven. Even if it is close to breakeven the SP will go back up from this ridiculous undervalued position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.