ZIP 0.41% $2.42 zip co limited..

I appreciate you're frustration but really, what a load of...

1. 911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 306
    I appreciate you're frustration but really, what a load of rubbish. You're like the Tesla investors/shorters who were convinced that Telsa was a fraud and an exercise in shorting, manipulation, director and CEO corruption, etc, etc, etc purely for the benefit of Musk and other big investors.

That there is a crisis in confidence in Zip as a business model and company is obvious and undeniable. Hence the current share price. But to attribute this to director corruption, shorting, managerial incompetence and all the rest is just ridiculous.

Many companies in the payments space, not just here in Australia, but in the US and Europe as well, have experienced a similar collapse in share price. Block, Paypal, Affirm, Tyro have all had massive declines in their share prices. With regards to Affirm and Zip, this is almost entirely due to the prospect of rising interest rates. Period.

If Zip's adjustments to the new environment turn out to improve their margins (as they claim), and their pathway to profitiability becomes more apparent, then the share price will recover. Not sure to what level it will recover, but recover it will.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.42
Change
0.010(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $3.159B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.43 $2.44 $2.34 $24.73M 10.29M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 236373 $2.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.43 219576 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.