GTG 2.60% 7.9¢ genetic technologies limited

re: Ann: Share transactions with major shareh... An assessment...

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    re: Ann: Share transactions with major shareh... An assessment of this deal comes down to " do you want to be on the Brevagen journey or do you want a part Brevagen part Immunaid journey"

In my view the equity market (ie us) will not place any value on Immunaid where it sits now- there is no visibility through to it plus Merv is involved which turns a lot of instos off). Sure , it might be worth a lot in 5 years but let's look at some numbers.

It recently raised cash at $1.00 so if its worth $5 in 3 years its been a ball tearer. At $5 GTG's 4.5m shares would have been worth $22.50m. Now under this deal it keeps an option on half so the downside ( at a very lofty $5 ) is $11.25m for GTG plus add in the $0.5m option fee and you get $11.75m.

Now if we assume Immunaid grows from $1 to $5 over 3 years we must assume some good times for Brevagen so its apples vs apples. But lets say GTG shares only grow 3 * to 18c. On this trade GTG has effectively made (18c -8c) * 76m shares = $ 7.6m. If I assume 5* to be consistent with Immunaid's 5 * that's 30c or (30c-8c)*76m shares = $16.7m.

So, in my mind the deal itself is fair in future expectation terms - you are splitting hairs and going around and around in circles essentially debating which of Brevagen or Immunaid will be the best performer going forward . So, whether you like the deal or not SIMPLY depends on which asset you think will perform best over the say 3 year period , Brevagen or Immunaid. If you prefer Immunaid then sell your GTG shares and give Merv a call and invest there. If you think Brevagen then hold on in GTG.
    And that still leaves the non-financial benefits of this deal for GTG which the above places no value on.. and that is " Merv is down to 6.2%" and cannot now vote down sensible proposals that the Board puts to shareholders. This will attract new buyers to the shares, IMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GTG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
0.002(2.60%)
Mkt cap ! $10.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.0¢ 7.6¢ $9.401K 121.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 40275 7.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.9¢ 9935 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.33pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GTG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.