TIE 0.74% 67.5¢ tietto minerals limited

Yep, the on-market action here during this gold run has been a...

1. 5,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3729
    Yep, the on-market action here during this gold run has been a bit bewildering.

I'm assuming by this release that the directors are a bit bewildered as well.

The funds have also been quiet on this one, not issuing updated price targets or showing much interest.

There are 3 large Chinese companies invested here, I think it makes the funds a bit nervous because these type of companies often don't play by the rules, and funds often don't know what is going on behind the shadowy business walls in China.

I remember seeing the same (kind of) thing happen long ago, with a company called Norton Gold in the WA goldfields, it was majority Chinese owned, and when the gold boom happened that year, every gold company except Norton went up significantly.

At the time, the Western funds were also reticent to invest in Norton then as well, because they tend to stay away from Chinese majority owned gold stocks.

I can only assume it's the Chinese factor and the way they do business in their shady grey-suited corporate world that is highly controlled.

With Cardinal Resources, it took the Russians entering the fray to break the back of the Chinese corporate maneuvering on that one, but I don't see any Russians here, so where is Nordgold when you need them.

This stock is too heavily Chinese owned in it's share structure, and Western funds are not sure what kinds of relationships or potential corporate black-swan events that might through up.

This behavior by TIE does remind me of what went on back in the days with Norton, and I'll admit, it all seems a bit strange (like déjà vu all over again).

There is nothing we can do when the shareholdings are stacked this way, the company's price is effectively being controlled by Beijing, and unless a Western company comes in to disturb this control, then the middle-kingdom triumvirate will do as they wish.

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TIE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
67.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.74%)
Mkt cap ! $769.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
67.5¢ 68.0¢ 67.5¢ $2.118M 3.138M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
47 116235442 67.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
68.0¢ 32184119 111
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
67.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
67.8¢ 68.0¢ 67.5¢ 938003
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
TIE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.