AGL 0.96% $10.55 agl energy limited.

Yes I would. The drop in share price happened because of...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    Yes I would. The drop in share price happened because of electricity prices dropping from reduced economic activity during the pandemic. Less electricity consumption means lower demand means less profits.

There's share dumping by funds for ESG reasons and AGL's response was to do something about it - by demerger. They did not just sit there not doing anything.

I don't think a 40-60% drop in share price is not always a good measure of management performance. Look at the big names like Amazon, Google, Netflix etc. They have all dropped 30-40% in the past 6 months. Are they poorly run? Share price never goes up in a straight line and every stock has it's cyclical moments. For AGL, it's a confluence of ESG and the pandemic.

I would rather a crew with decades of combined experience running the show than a newbie with a promise to shake up the status quo and ending up like Elizabeth Holmes (of Theranos infamy). And of course the newbie first insults you with a low ball offer then tries to get into your good books with a one page letter. Cheap charlatan tricks.

MCB may be respected as a tech bro but you wouldn't ask a gynaecologist to do perform brain surgery would you? Both gynaecologists and brain surgeons are esteemed professions in their own right but experience matters. Let software-boy prosper in his tech field and let AGL management do their own thing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.55
Change
0.100(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $7.097B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.47 $10.58 $10.41 $46.39M 4.416M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 140467 $10.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.56 620 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.