AGL 0.96% $10.55 agl energy limited.

"So either way, half of the company disappears along with half...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    "So either way, half of the company disappears along with half of our investment? Does not really sound like a good strategic direction."

Goodness you are being selective in your reading. My next statement said I am wildly optimistic about their prospects. If you can't handle someone playing the devil's advocate you need a few more years of investing experience.

"Good management of an undemerged company would be monitoring the transition from fossil to renewable and structuring the company's operations so as to map that transition and maximise shareholder return. Demerged does not allow that flexibility."

The transition can happen with the demerger too. Is it only black or white for you? The problem is the stigma that comes with holding coal assets and demerging allows the company to execute a "Divide and Conquer" strategy. Let clean AGL continue to be capitalized by accessing cheap funding while the dirty AXL does it's transition thing. A good example I have always brought up is BHP. Prior to the demerger BHP was $15 from the Samarco disaster. Post split, BHP reached a high of $60 per share. As a bonus, shareholder got S32 which was worthed $5 recently.

And the dividends for both companies have gone through the roof.

"BTW, the current board does not qualify for the term "good management"."

Everyone makes mistakes and let those without sin cast the first stone. Or if you are anti-religion, "those who live in glass house should not throw stones"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.55
Change
0.100(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $7.097B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.47 $10.58 $10.41 $46.39M 4.416M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 140467 $10.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.56 620 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.