CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,897 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12666
    Hi there to all SOR holders.

After watching SOR for a very long time, I finally took a punt and I have built a modest holding at 0.13 - so now I'll join in the discussion here.  I almost bought SOR over a year ago, on the strength of the "Golden Blocks" gold exploration story.  I have to admit, it was a fun read at the time, but I missed the initial rise and then it seemed to me that the Golden Blocks story - although a ripping yarn - was really just too Indiana Jones to be believable.  So I stayed out, but I kept watching.

Boy was the joke on me.  The SP slowly eroded away to as low as 0.025 in April last year but by then I'd really lost all confidence in the GB story, so I stayed out.

ROFL - then in mid-April they announced the Nano-cube memory Technology deal with UNSW and the SP shot up immediately to 0.13 cents, and a few days later peaked at 25 cents.  OMG.  That's an easy 5 bagger for anyone who was holding at the time, or a Disallowed for those who held their nerve and sold at the peak.

I wonder how many current holders bought on the strength of the Golden Blocks story - despaired - then hit the jackpot because of the UNSW deal?  It's one of the funniest things I've seen happen - though I'd be laughing even harder if I was one of that lucky bunch.

So when it peaked at 25 cents I didn't buy, and I've kept watching until now.  It's really hard to value SOR.  The fact that all Capital Gain is exempt from Capital Gains Tax is a huge drawcard - but how likely is it that the UNSW Nano-cube "memory ink" technology will make it to market?

The news flow through last year and into early this year was very good, but it still didn't stop the SP eroding away.  And I note a few reasonable comments by sceptics on these threads.  However it seems to me that the potential is huge - vast, in fact.  If this technology really does progress to market it could make 13 cents per share look like the bargain of the 21st century.

From August last year there was good news on the progress of the technology every 1 to 2 months.  Confirmation of success in producing "memory ink"; test results showing memory capability, speed and low energy use; success in printing on a range of materials; good news in the first endurance testing; improved formulation ... etc.

In October, and then most recently in February and March, SOR flagged the likelihood of new IP and new patents emerging from the research, to form the basis of partnering negotiations.

However the next announcement was the current CR exercise at 11.5 cents for existing holders.  I suspect that has hurt the confidence of many investors, and I considered holding off even longer, to see if the SP sinks to the level the company is effectively valuing itself at - 11.5 cents.

But instead I've taken the plunge.  Based on past timing, it;s likely that more news is due soon.  Maybe that news will be bad, in which case I've made a mistake - but from what I can see the UNSW project has been extremely successful to date, and has proceeded rapidly.  So there's a fair chance that we will return to good news, and maybe even spectacular news, not long from now.  If it does succeed, then the difference between the 11.5 cent CR price and my 13 cents market price will be insignificant - so I decided not to risk missing the bus, in case it turns out to be a rocket.

And of course there is also the UV light transistor-memory tech licence - about which we may hear more.

Good luck to everyone who got on at a lower price!  And good luck to anyone who paid more.  Now I'm finally aboard I'd be very happy for the Captain to announce "Cabin Crew - arm doors and cross check."

I'm hoping that one day soon we will see it go from SOR to soar!!......

Meanwhile - I'm pleased to join y'all here.

Cheers
    Dave
    ( @specgoldbug - in case interested, lol.)
    Last edited by davybabyk: 15/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $23.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ $13.87K 277.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 205165 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 12999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.