ECT 0.00% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Ann: Shareholder Update - Local Activity, page-49

1. 4,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 396
    No I remember that, but I suggest it's because people have so much invested in this company. This is my belief on why so many throw their hard one dollars into this in the face of so many dis-confirming events.

From When Prophecy Fails

Festinger stated that five conditions must be present if someone is to become a more fervent believer after a failure or disconfirmation: (these are two of the five)

• The person holding the belief must have committed himself to it; that is, for the sake of his belief, he must have taken some important action that is difficult to undo (i.e. Invest a lot of money). In general, the more important such actions are, and the more difficult they are to undo, the greater is the individual's commitment to the belief.

• The individual believer must have social support (a forum or telephone call full of reassurance). It is unlikely that one isolated believer could withstand the kind of disconfirming evidence that has been specified. If, however, the believer is a member of a group of convinced persons who can support one another, the belief may be maintained and the believers may attempt to proselytize or persuade nonmembers that the belief is correct (10 cents party anyone?).
    Last edited by SatinTape: 15/04/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.