SUM 8.33% 16.5¢ summit minerals limited

Ann: Shares coming out of escrow, page-178

1. 10,399 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2683

Thanks @TheArchitect for those photos - this is one that interests me. I think it is the same peg as the first photo in your sequence.

It shows clearly the zoning of the pegmatite - my guess is that the brown rock is columbite (a complex of Nb and Ta) and the black rock is the Nb or Ta mineral. So from that we get yet further confirmation that the Ecuador prospect is well endowed.

However the zoning can also give an indication to the dip and strike of the pegmatite, and even the direction to the mother igneous body, assuming the pegs are not within that body itself.
    This would be a tremendous help when designing a drill campaign.

A technical problem when studying zoned pegmatites is why the crystals which first solidified out of the melt did not accumulate at the bottom of the semi liquid phase if they were heavier? The Black Hills of Dakota have similar huge zoned pegs (but Li bearing spod is the mineral) and there the geologists over 100 years ago pondered that problem. It was concluded that the remaining melt had already developed a spider web like structure of solidified mineral which prevented the settlement.

Also the density of the minerals obviously has an influence.
    The density of Nb metal is 8.57 tonnes/m3 while Ta is 16.4 tonnes/m3 - very heavy metals, and rocks too, therefore the zonation of these pegs might simply be due to density.

You might have noticed Sandro 'weighing' in his hand some of the rock samples he took from outcrops - he can probably tell the best rocks by their 'weight'

Ore sorting anyone?

p.s. Although the oppies are now well 'out of the money' I think they are still worth a thought on the basis of x3.4 leverage alone. DYOR.

And let me say in relation to TheArchitect's photos - anyone who is waiting for drilling to prove the mineral endowment of this project needs to find another job. IMO. DYOR Not advice etc etc. And wtf too just to be sure.

I disclose I hold SUM heads and oppies, and PNN (the neighbour) heads and oppies too.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6360/6360763-3e2af6384242b5c97fd0a07a00a4ec91.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SUM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.