CDI 0.00% 70.0¢ cdl investments new zealand limited ordinary shares

Ann: SHINTR: CDI: SPH Notice - Accident Compensation Corporation, page-2

1. 588 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    Anybody else riding this winner?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2785/2785682-7edc0881a5b318e47c23587449502966.jpg

CDL Investments is a NZ property developer, majority controlled (through a long chain of companies like Millennium and Copthorne and some funds) by the Kwek family in Singapore; ACC holding roughly 5%; very healthy balance sheet, CDI delivered over the years steady revenue and profit growth ... CDI owns a large landbank for further developments, which is even today (after some significant SP increases) at market price still more worth than the market cap of the company.

2020 financials should be out by mid of February ... and the latest SP price development seems to indicate that the market is optimistic.

Drawbacks are the majority owner (whose interests might not always be aligned with the interests of the retail shareholders) and low market liquidity of the shares. Being a REIT - obviously if property prices would crash (I don't think they would at that moment - the fortunes of this company might be impacted as well;

Still - I am holding already for a number of years, and while this is not the stuff for rapid multi baggers - The combination of share price gains and (NZ imputed) dividends delivered so far over the years roughly something like 10 to 15 % additional shareholder value per year. Nice little earner (and in my view still undervalued by the market) ... and much better than putting money into the savings account

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDI (NZSX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.