SHV 0.74% $4.11 select harvests limited

David Doll wrote an article earlier in the year with some...

1. 1,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1559
    David Doll wrote an article earlier in the year with some comments on the frost tolerance of different almond varieties. According to the article, the carmel and price varieties are a little bit hardier than the nonpareils in coping with sub-zero temperatures, though it is only a marginal difference. I need to do some more research into this issue as I am unsure as to the extent to which the various frost-mitigation measures can reduce risks.

On the topic of almonds and Adelaide mentioned by FGB, apparently David Doll was in that city earlier this month, attending a conference on pistachios and almonds in SA and touring some orchards in Mildura.

There is an interesting piece on the Almond Doctor website put up by Doll following on from his Australian visit.

Reading over this article, you get the distinct impression that Californian almond growers have been getting a bit of a free ride over the years, benefiting from lower water costs, much cheaper labour costs and significantly better infrastructure.  You wonder the extent to which the dominance of the Californian almond industry has been down to the unsustainably low water and labour costs in that state over the past few decades.
    Last edited by Inchiquin: 29/11/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.11
Change
0.030(0.74%)
Mkt cap ! $497.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.09 $4.17 $4.09 $261.2K 63.41K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1184 $4.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.15 131 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.