SPR 0.69% 71.5¢ spartan resources limited

Hey @JoelstarCheers for the tables, again, I know they take a...

1. 11,670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6061
    Hey @Joelstar
    Cheers for the tables, again, I know they take a lot of time, even just a solid post on HC can take an hour plus... what.png
    Well done on the trading. I should be careful in saying this, but... I have actually made a profit on my trading... scary. I usually just do well on my buy and holds like DEG and PRU. Just to be fellow 'traders', I am talking.... maybe 20 real trades in a year... yeah, I am boring as bats*%t.
    That being said, my portfolio is heavily weighted to mid tier producers... so... they move big, and fall big. Right now, they are hurting, but that comes with territory.

Love the first table, really shows what potential the plant has when running at just 1.6mtpa. Imagine if they could find another base load open pit nearby... it does not need it, but.... it would.... put Dalgaragna into a new league production wise. Though I suppose a second Never Never could have a comparable result in terms of profitability.

I am still going to be happy enough if GCY can just touch their 130k p.a production goal for 5 years, let alone hitting it out of the park. Just makes it a little easier to compare value wise to what will eventually be its peers. As we don't yet have an NN look-a-like and the Melville ore still has question marks for me, alas, I am a little impatient.

The company table is just great. I have a few gathering dust, so to speak, with POG averaging 2k AUD rolleyes.png Need to do some updating.
    If you suddenly find yourself with an extra day or two, it would be interesting to see PNR and OBM sneak on to it. As they are basically new producers.

Slightly off topic, but... I still ponder why RMS does not look at GCY. They have huge stockpiles of low grade ore, that could.... could be monetized if they had more production throughput, but they just don't and it will cost a bundle to upgrade old Checkers. Ever time GCY find more ounces in Never Never, it potentially, already eclipses the value of SPX (Spectrum Minerals), as whilst the Penny mine is very high grade, it's reserve is just 233k. Basically less than 2 full years of production. Sure, its damn profitable, but... RMS paid $208m for those 233k. Plus they have spent north of $50m developing it. Basically $1100 AUD, plus, it will cost them $750 AUD to produce it. $1850 AUD (AIC). Sure... still a $1000 margin at today's prices, but... it will all be gone in the blink of two years. Never Never is looking to be able to produce for a lot longer than 2 years, plus... as discussed earlier, width is just as important as grade. Thicker stopes means more ounces, with less waste. At some point, I struggle to see how this does not become equal to, or more valuable than Penny West.

What really puzzles me... is... RMS and WGX Geo teams are clearly good, yet... when GCY was on it's knees, but had already discovered Never Never, they just could not believe what the results were proving, or.... they just don't want to take on the risk (whatever that might be)?

Anyway, it's tax time and for the few that have $$ sitting around, the sector's juniors are to put it mildly, suffering..... but also offers opportunities.

Good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
71.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $789.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
71.0¢ 71.5¢ 70.0¢ $2.779M 3.928M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2816 71.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
71.5¢ 99994 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
71.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.31 %)
Open High Low Volume
70.5¢ 71.5¢ 70.0¢ 430926
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.