SVL 0.00% 18.0¢ silver mines limited

Silver is a valuable commodity, historically used as a store of...

1. 2,057 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    Silver is a valuable commodity, historically used as a store of value when other markets fail, and still is. The 21st century is the exception to history.... so far... (many millennia of trading precious metals as a store of value), but it will return when the SH*t hits the fan, and mark my word, it will and soon.

We have seen what a hiccup can do (GFC, Covid in more recent times) to the price of silver.

I'm generally fairly relaxed, but lately, there are red flags popping up everywhere in the West and am of the opinion that a major monetary implosion may take place, beginning in the US, and soon. What is going on in the USA, UK and Europe, and to an extent Australia is unsustainable economically. The charade is not going to go on forever.

Priorities for me have changed to hoarding PMs, and shares with a good prospect of being mined, like this one. There are a few others, gold in particular that I have my eyes on, but this is the SVL thread and won't go into those. Property security and self defense measures- when people get financially desperate and hungry, they will want what you have, you have to protect yourself and family. I have focused a lot on hoarding long life food, installing infrastructure(coolroom, freezers, shelving, storage space) and keep it well hidden over the last 18 months, and also preserving fresh food(pickles, jams, preserved fruit and vegies...you can even preserve potatoes and sauerkraut, tomatoes, meats, jerky etc). Call me a prepper now.... if for nothing else and for an insignificant input, beating food inflation which I have done so (I buy 100kg tomatoes for 20 cents/kg, 30kg small cucumbers for dill pickless at $4/10kg freshly picked), it has been a great money saver to buy shares such as this one, so not a wasted effort.

The only reason I go to the supermarket now is for bread(which I now have supplies, bread maker and a wood oven outside to bake myself), milk(I have a paddock to buy a cow, but don't want to look after one, just yet), eggs( I plan to have chooks again, soon once I've built a new chook shed as the old one is falling down and not fox proof), and toiletries...all of which I can do without, but reluctantly.

Home energy is buttoned up with solar and batteries, and 15kva backup diesel gennie( with underground diesel tank that stays full), water is sorted with a big tank taking from 800sqm of roof area(house and sheds), and a paddock full of mature redgums with a big, well serviced chainsaw ready to go.

The masses, most of Gen x(of which I am one) onward, but especially the millennials and generation 'lazy' have just taken their eye off the prize, thinking a mobile phone and a credit card is going to keep them safe, housed and fed. But the Indians have not, given their recent and very large metal purchases which are a stand-out, nor has the rest of the East and BRICS collective, or Africa which is now largely, and increasingly slamming the commodities door shut on western countries like Belgium, France and the USA.

Gold demand is also climbing well in China as younger folks there who see that their real estate market has gone tits up, are buying gold beans(1x bean = 1 gram ~ $70 Usd) droplets of gold to store their wealth and as an investment.

That's my opinion on things and 2c.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $271.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.5¢ 17.5¢ $491.4K 2.738M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 617089 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 321963 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
17.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.5¢ 822732
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
SVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.