88E 0.00% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

Ann: Significant Conventional Potential Identified at Icewine-88E.AX, page-62

1. 252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    It all comes down to a couple of things , firstly shale oil is costly to extract ( ongoing capital cost of sand,chemicals ,etc ) , which is fine if you believe the oil price will ever go back to over $80 . Conventional drilling is the way all the majors are going ,as they can see only a low oil price environment for years to come and you can still make money in conventional ( see BHP in the gulf (deepwater) and also they have 50 professionals right now analysing data in offshore Mexico ,for upcoming permitting . So for me conventional is the way to go , so forget the 2.5billion shale play ,it may never be viable. So that then changes the perception of how big (small ) this recent amount is , so Thunder 54 is right ( if you believe oil will never make it to $80 soon ) . I was a holder , but sold after a 100% profit , I still like the company ,but you have to look at the above dynamics to appreciate the risk and this is what Thunder 54 is telling you . For me oil will be $50 to $65 for next couple of years .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.