MOD 0.00% 43.5¢ mod resources limited

Have to admit our NPV wouldn't look that great at the current...

1. 1,622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    Have to admit our NPV wouldn't look that great at the current $2.80.
    MOD will be very reluctant to release any new calculations until copper is safely back over $3.00.
    I wan't expecting such a drop below $3.00, so I wouldn't attempt to predict where it will be in 6 Months, but hopefully back to at least $3.00 by the time they need to release DFS calculations and decision to mine..

It is really worth going back and looking at the NPV calculations released by MOD, and particularly Blue Ocean (based on earlier reaource estimate mind you) to get an idea of how a copper price between $3.00 to $3.20 definitely makes this project profitable.
    I believe MOD were pretty conservitive when it came to their PFS figures and didn't fluff the costs at all.
    MOD simply has a good lower cost model for the plant, in a good precinct, with better than average grades and metalurgy.

It can be a fair generalization to put $3.50 per pound as a good baseline where new mines start to make economic sense,,, and it has also been a challenge for new mines to get a leg up at $3.00 or under,,, but those points highlight the quality of T3 in that it is above the average and can be profitable below $3.20.
    At $3.50 the figures are outstanding.

It is all hyperthetical and proof is in the production, but the current copper price forces the market to find the stand out mines and do need to look closely into the figures where copper price doesn't just lend itself to any company being able to dig it up for a profit.

I'm glad to have someone with a varying opinion to challenge and question, and for the most part agree.

I hope someone can post a link to the older Blue Ocean research note that went over the PFS figures in great detail, or the most recent MOD announcement that containing the calculations for T3. (I hate trying to dig up and post links from my phone)

As others have said, any good resource found in the near region doesn't need to justify plant costs into it's calculations either, so having T3 already there with a base case that makes money is priceless for the upcoming exploration.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MOD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.