CYM 2.94% 3.5¢ cyprium metals limited

Please correct me if you think this is misguided, but the rule...

1. 5,675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1742
    Please correct me if you think this is misguided, but the rule of thumb I am reading from copper analysts is that the price of copper needs to economically sustain 0.5% cutoff grades otherwise there simply won't be anywhere enough new copper supply coming to market to meet projected demand in the coming years and decades. For a completely new green fields project you will probably need to front load production with a higher grade than that to payback capital expenditure and start-up costs (removing overburden) but after those initial few years 0.5% deposits have to be economic otherwise there simply won't be enough new supply. What are others thoughts?

My understanding is that the recent drilling is for additional ore beyond the most recent Metals X resource estimate which is below. Note the cut-off grades used:

Sulphide 0.75%
    Oxide 0.4%
    Heap Leach Oxide 0.5%

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3756/3756556-8f9d2cabd53fa97aaa259cf3e8f0387b.jpg

Is there an updated estimate of the amount of copper recoverable from the current heap leach pads? If not, are we expecting one? Is the current column test leaching using the ore on the heap leach or "fresh" mined oxide ore or a mix of oxide and sulphide ore?

It seems to me one of the biggest risks is how successful they are at refurbishing the SX-EW plant and how well it runs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.001(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $53.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.4¢ $4.336K 121.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 358955 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 133281 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.09pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.