HMX 2.63% 3.7¢ hammer metals limited

[email protected]% copper is a good intersection but the zone is really...

1. 1,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6389
    [email protected]% copper is a good intersection but the zone is really weathered and the mineralisation is oxide such as malachite. Malachite and azurite can be very high grade and were targets for the old miners in the region who mainly gave up when sulphides were intersected. It may well be a significant mineralised system in the scientific sense but to make it as a mine it will require economic mineralisation in the sulphide zone I think (unless weathering goes down hundreds of metres). I expect more drilling into the sulphide zone and strike extensions.

I suppose geophysics might be obvious given it is the Hardway Fault and it may host significant mineralised shoots at deeper levels or along strike.

The REE mineralisation is interesting but I am not qualified to comment on whether it can be extracted economically as a by-product of copper processing. On its own the REE levels look an order of magnitude too low but they perhaps point to the possibility of higher grade zones and this is worth a look, especially if they correspond to the copper zones.

A good announcement that leads to a lot more work.

The plunging shoot at Mount Hope South is definitely worth chasing and could turn into batch of good drill results in 2023. That area seems well endowed.

DYOR. Not investment advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.