ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 34,201 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1892
    So many ways of valuing it , even the experts have different opinions , the 568 BCF (billion cubic feet) potentially recoverable is one estimate shown in the recent ASX announcement

To me this is a best case scenario and as I always take these O&G guys for real then get hurt I normally estimate only 10 to 20% of what they state so lets say there is 100 BCF recoverable .

The gas is paid per 1000 cubic feet , (that is if it is at ambient room pressure of 15psi at sea level ) so like if you let the gas tap on it would displace a 10 foot by 10 foot by 10 foot high room of air with 1000 cubic feet of gas (CH4)

That 1000 cubic feet of gas at the well head , changes in value (spot price) all the time but you have to give it an estimated value going forward .
    I will use $5.00 per 1000 cubic feet .

so the above 100 Billion cubic feet /1000 = 100 Million
    100Million * $5.00 = 500Million insitu value .

But you can use what ever figures you like I was begin ultra conservative I feel use the experts opinion of 568 BCF then the it is 5.68 * 500M = $2.8B
    Use a higher gas price and the $2.8B looks conservative , but without test wells producing and showing time lined depletion curves and good estimates on the swept area for each well its all pie in the sky , then there is the cost of drilling and fracking and well head connection costs to determine if the wells are economic to produce the first place .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.