AZY 4.17% 1.2¢ antipa minerals limited

Ann: Significant Gold-Copper Intersections at Rimfire, page-40

1. 2,406 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1279
    Hi Salpetie,

Huge amount of geological information to digest there. Many thanks for compiling it all. I shall return to it bit by bit, as right now I am supposed to be prepping for a bush trip next Sunday, not fantasising about my investments! But a few geological impressions/thoughts:

1. Rimfire is actually a massive area. 8km by 8km at least. And under 20 to 50m of cover. You could lose any number of orebodies in an area like that, given the very limited amount of, predominantly vertical 'interface' geochemical drilling that has been done there.

An area that I am working on at the minute is of a similar size: 10km by 7km, and it is entirely covered by several to perhaps locally several tens of metres of transported alluvium. Historically (25-30 years ago) it was reconnaissance grid-drilled with aircore, using 800m-spaced lines of 160m spaced holes. Not all of which bottomed in bedrock. Lots of sniffs. Just two follow-up diamond holes on one of these. Then the project abandoned when the gold price dropped to $240/oz back in 1999, and has never been revisited since. Assumed by all and sundry to have been tested and found wanting. But I would say, basically it hasn't been touched. Imagine what you could miss between 160m-spaced aircore holes on 800m-spaced lines! And frankly Rimfire looks the same. There could still be anything there.

The other thing is that with interface sampling it can be incredibly difficult in complex lateritically-weathered terrains, with lateritically-weathered early Tertiary (or Permian!) cover, to actually pick the interface with any confidence, or to even know for certain if your aircore holes have reached it. And that's one other reason why parts of Rimfire will be far from completely tested.

2. What has been found there so far though, as I am sure you would agree, is abundant evidence of a large, fertile mineralising system (or possibly systems). there's been a huge regional flux of mineralising fluids, driven by whatever thermal source, looking for a structural/lithological situation where it could focus to create an economic mineral deposit.

3. That major regional NNW-SSE structure just to the east of Rimfire also stands out so clearly on some of the magnetic images that you have included. It is broad, straight and continuous. It cross cuts and terminates, or deforms the complex magnetic stratigraphy along its eastern side. And it is notably de-magnetised itself. All of which suggest that it has been a very long-active, major fracture zone, the pathway of abundant fluid flow and the site of intense alteration, as fits with it being the regional locus of several mineral deposits and areas of mineralisation.

And I can't help wondering whether in the Rimfire area the main granitic intrusive (or intrusives) with that skarn-like halo of magnetic features around it, mightn't a bit of a red herring. Whether perhaps that is certainly one hydrothermal system, related to the intrusive itself, but whether the gold mineralisation might not be more related to an overprinting system more directly connected with the adjacent regional structure? Pure speculation. But these things do tend to be confoundingly complex when you look at them in detail. Although it is best to have and test a simple Idea, of course.

Anyway, enough of my geo-blather. Time for bed!

regards,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
-0.001(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $54.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $84.19K 7.234M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 145100 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 1 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.