CXO 5.10% 9.3¢ core lithium ltd

Would love to see short-selling banned in Australia. Our entire...

1. 619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Would love to see short-selling banned in Australia. Our entire country relies on superannuation to a larger extent than most modern economies, so allowing parasites to do half-baked research 'stories' after securing their shorts is effectively taking money from retirees, and putting it in slimy hedge fund manager's pockets.

The argument for short-selling is weak. As far as being thankful for the 'research' (with a lot to gain) as some clown here previously posted - might as well let people come into your house and try to rob you. Make it legal for them to break in! That means you'll totally be inclined to lock down your valuables, thereby making it safer for you! It all makes perfect sense.

I'd rather the market get overcooked, with a buyer-beware approach, than artificially milked into a few people's pockets. Shorter don't work for posterity, they work to destroy companies and fill their pockets. If you think any different, you're an idiot.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4502/4502845-b8c56006fa457afbbd957971834232b8.jpg

Take a look at the Korean market after the market crash from COVID. Short-selling ban invoked, and kept for a decent period of time, and voila, the market has confidence. There's an incredible amount of data showing the direct impact of short-selling bans, and basically no graphs to support the practice. The buzzwords used are in 'increased liquidity' (somehow jumping ship in droves is really good, because.... there's lots of people... jumping ship). I'd love to see some solid action, and MPs elected to push the ban. If for nothing else, our superannuation should be the reason.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
-0.005(5.10%)
Mkt cap ! $198.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.9¢ 10.0¢ 9.3¢ $3.295M 34.70M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 365887 9.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 883409 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.