CXO 0.00% 10.0¢ core lithium ltd

Ann: Significant Widths and Grades of Spodumene at Sandras, page-207

1. 3,574 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3422
    Agree.

This increase in SQM production is years away from hitting the market. They are years away from having the additional plant and infrastructure being in place in order to meet this increased production.

By the time SQMs additional production does hit the market, CXO will have (hopefully) started mining at grants and have already started shipping ore off to Yahua. Mining and/or production at BP33 might have even started by the time SQMs additional production hits the market. Who knows...a discovery at Barrow Creek might even be close to being mined in this time...

There are a number of companies that will be coming online in the next year or two which have been sold off like CXO over the last few days, who won't be affected (or initially affected) by SQMs ramp up. Like CXO, a lot of these companies have deals in place where a price floor and ceiling has been established, and where a fixed price for product has been agreed upon. So I am tipping a rebound for these stocks from the last few days sell off, as I think it's been a bit of an overreaction.

And finally, SQMs additional production is only POTENTIALLY a problem IF:

* they are able to ramp up production to the level they've stated (there is belief this level has been overstated).
    * they are able to do it in the time frame stated (there's belief this time frame is a bit optimistic/unrealistic)
    * the anticipated future demand for Lithium doesn't increase.

IMO China's demand and future demand for Lithium is currently understated. And then what about the rest of the world?

As I posted yesterday, we've now seen one of indias biggest car makers follow in the Chinese footsteps and are looking to secure their own lithium supply...

What about Europe? We've seen a number of European countries commit to EVs and the ceasing of internal combustion engine production in the future, yet I haven't heard much about big European car makers securing lithium supply...

All IMO. Am looking for Li to bounce back soon.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.