RNU 5.38% 9.8¢ renascor resources limited

Thankfully I'm not seeing the conversation here on my screen. I...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    Thankfully I'm not seeing the conversation here on my screen. I used to be very conservative about using the *ignore* feature, but in recent months I have developed a low threshold for nonsense polluting my threads on HC.

Taking a wildly negative view on RNU really involves rejecting natural graphite as a battery material altogether. Sure, there's Syrah and Novonix, a couple of good Canadian and US prospects. I would love an opinion on how Renascor is superior to IG6 from someone with more knowledge than myself -- shouldn't be difficult since l know very little!

Our attributes really shine in my opinion. We're close to Asia, in a US free trade agreement country, the resource is massive, and our recovery costs are strong. It's a tier 1 deposit in a tier 1 country, with government support. Importantly, we can build everything correctly in 2024-25 and aimed at the battery market from the ground up. We're not buying a 20 year old mine, in production, with preconceived ideas, and trying to create efficiencies and de-bottleneck the site.

The independent research forecasts massive shortages ahead. Common sense says this will be the case. Battery manufacturers blend synthetic *and* natural graphite. And if/when oil prices rise, and Chinese production is either wound-down or outright banned from use (voluntarily by companies, or by legislation) the amount of supply in the market will be bugger all.

For these reasons I refuse to sell and will be buying more shares. When (not "if") graphite prices rise, RNU will go up with it. Remember too it's a small and opaque market with no listed spot prices. It's not like copper or aluminium or 30 year treasury bonds. Sure, sell your RNU shares, but then what? Conclude that the 'graphite in rechargeable batteries' thesis is dead, I suppose. I really don't know where you'd want to be other than in RNU. In a handful of similar start-ups or IG6, I suppose. Fair enough, I guess if you prefer their resource or share price/market cap, or think their board is superior.

An African country might be fine today, in ten years from now, eleven years....but when there's a coup, power shortages, etc. eventually your luck runs out. Maybe with the exception of Namibia and Botswana. We all intuitively know it. Samsung, Mitsubishi, etc. and our friends in South Korea, Japan and Taiwan know it too. You might be a risk taker with your own investments but they're not. They take a decades-long view and a lot of the African and Chinese (potential) supply is really off the table as an option.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.8¢
Change
0.005(5.38%)
Mkt cap ! $249.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.5¢ 10.0¢ 9.3¢ $831.2K 8.461M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25900 9.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.