SKT 0.83% $2.42 sky network television limited.

Ann: Sky addresses media speculation, page-11

1. 604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    Impossible to say until we know the terms.

The only way I could see this possibly being palatable to the majority of shareholders is if Oaktree paid us to take the assets off their hand (along with the $100M debt).

I am not at all convinced about SKT-MW synergies and I think radio is even more of a dinosaur that MYSKY. So in order for this deal to be good for Sky shareholders we would have to get it all for bloody cheap. And given the ~$100M debt pile, it is hard to see how we get a bargain unless we are paid to take MW.

And PE was that desperate that they actually paid us to take the asset, would we really want it? I would think not.

And it's a moot point, because the current owners are not going to go from having lifty notions of an IPO to bending over and taking it up the proverbial from Sky TV. Our Board and Management are not very savvy when it comes to buying things don't forget!

I am sure the bankers (the main ones set to make a gain out of this whether the deal is good or bad) are wining and dining Sophie Malone and her team. Lot's of glossy presentations showing how amazing the deal will be, only the highly intelligent experts at Sky can unlock MW's true potential...think of the growth and diversification in revenue too!

And as if that is not enough - YOU ALL GET TO KEEP YOUR JOBS - INCLUDING THE BOARD!! YAYYYY!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SKT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.