SKT 7.00% $2.26 sky network television limited.

Here's an interesting perspective by Duncan Greive. I'm not...

1. 4,258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 457
    Here's an interesting perspective by Duncan Greive. I'm not necessarily convinced, but I do find Duncan to be a thoughtful & highly knowledgeable observer of the NZ media scene.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/media/07-06-2022/sky-is-in-advanced-talks-to-buy-mediaworks-what-would-that-mean

In short, he's talking about synergies in terms of becoming one of the largest (traditional) advertising mediums in NZ. Certainly this would have pulling power to NZ advertisers. Of course, the reality is that ad revenue is only a small part of SKT's current revenues & I'd rather see the "synergy" word invoked in terms of attracting eyeballs rather than advertisers. That said, there may be a synergy here too - if say SKT were to offer a lower cost (ad supported) streaming offering (something Netflix themselves are currently contemplating).

So all is not as clear as it seems and I'm willing to hear management out (though I've already fired off a rather forceful letter... ). This is what I was alluding to before: the market is so looking for foibles when it comes to SKT that it is tending to shoot first & ask questions later. Those that sold today may well have jumped the gun (possibly).

@mistaTea
    @Klogg

Last edited by MarsC: 07/06/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.26
Change
-0.170(7.00%)
Mkt cap ! $311.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.39 $2.39 $2.26 $6.32K 2.651K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2474 $2.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.55 14 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.