SKT 5.93% $2.22 sky network television limited.

Ann: Sky Investor Day presentation - 29 June 2021, page-27

1. 604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    Agree that the new STB is almost certainly going to be a waste of money. Just senseless when you consider a growing majority of kiwis don't want to piss around with a box.

The hundreds of thousands of older customers will be happy to stick with MySky indefinitely. Loads won't want to switch to a completely new box.

You should see the latest version of the TVNZ app. It is free (ad supported) but they have done a lot of great work here.

It shows how you can provide a slick-looking On Demand focus app with an easy to use linear option too.

I would much rather Sky invest in SkyGO and renegotiate contracts so that it can be offered as a stand-alone, and with really sharp pricing if coupled with broadband.

But it looks like management are too far down the rabbit hole on this one to see sense and a new STB is going to happen.

The only feature that would be handy (that an app couldn't provide) is that it would allow you to search across platforms. That is fine, but it is unlikely to make the Sky call centre get overwhelmed with New Business Enquiries.

Leave the STB's to the experts - Apple, Google, Smartvu etc. Focus on ensure you have kick ass apps with a seamless user experience on all platforms and you will get plenty of subscriptions.

Still not happy about the investor day presso. Waste of time.

And believe me when I say I lit a fire under Philip Bowman's ass this morning.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SKT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.