BYE 1.67% 5.9¢ byron energy limited

>think rising interest rates will slow up the sales of fairly...

1. 561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    >think rising interest rates will slow up the sales of fairly expensive electric cars along with the cost of higher mortgages...

I agree. EVs are more of an upfront cost to buy. While ICE cars are more of a pay as you go style. With current technology 1/2 the cost of an EV is in the batteries. The batteries need to be replaced every 10 years or so. 20K is not an unusual price for a battery pack. An ICE car of a similar age does not have this problem. Therefore an ICE car will have a better resale cost on the second hand market at the 10 year stage.

It has been said that investors, in bonds, need to get an interest return higher than inflation. If true and inflation is running at 8% then expect world wide interest rates of 8.25% or higher. That includes Australia.

Added to this Russia is one of the largest countries in the world. And therefore supply most of the materials to build EVs. Those resources have now gone away or need to be purchased through costly middle men to obfuscate the materials true origins.

Don't get me wrong. I think EVs are great. I expect them to replace ice in city states from a pollution point of view. But the ICE engine is her to stay even if it is in the form of LNG and relegated to the developing world.

All disclaimers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $63.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $2.047K 34.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 97687 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 331777 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.8¢ 10526
Last updated 12.21pm 06/05/2024 ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.