BYE 4.17% 5.0¢ byron energy limited

Ann: SM58 G6 BP01 Well Logs Pay in the L2 and N2 Sands, page-116

1. 4,767 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2232
    Maybe giving their honest best estimates of the likely flowrates in the previous wells that nature has shown to have been optimistic has made them more cautious .
    They would have a best estimate but it would be part of a large possible range of flows .
    The sidetrack and the finding of better reservoir quality is a big plus for a decent flow from that zone but it is also a good reason to be very cautious about flowrates from that zone .
    The quality of that zone changed over a relatively short distance .
    There is uncertainty of the reservoir quality of that zone right down to the oil water contact that is required to achieve a good water drive .
    There is a lot of oil downdip from data from previously drilled wells but there needs to be a decent water drive for that oil to flow economically and that depends on reservoir quality both above and below the down dip oil water contact .
    Continuity of reasonable permeability between the well bore and the oil water contact and below it is necessary to produce the oil at a long term economical rate .
    The bottom zone is only one of three potentially economically producible zones they have penetrated in this well .

Before the sidetrack the bottom zone appeared to have been a non productive zone .
    The sidetrack has lifted its status at this point to a probable economically producible zone well worth completing .

As I have said before there is no certainty in oil well drilling and the roulette wheel is still spinning on this well but I still like the odds .

I am supportive of them not giving flow rate estimates pre drill or pre actual flow rates .
    I am sure they were previously given in good faith .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $53.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 5.0¢ 4.8¢ $113.0K 2.300M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 78099 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 129812 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.0¢
  Change
0.002 ( 5.93 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.9¢ 5.0¢ 4.8¢ 864145
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.