BYE 2.22% 4.6¢ byron energy limited

I didn't misconstrue your message; I focused on the micro...

1. 6,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 949
    I didn't misconstrue your message; I focused on the micro element of your post; which highlighted your lack of understanding of the announcement in the context of the drill. The supposed 'core' was focused on oil price and made some fair points, plus a bit of TA which by naturally ignores fundamental factors. However, the clincher was that it centered around a critical misunderstanding that "Byron's costs are US$15/bbl plus US$30 in transportation....they will not be profitable at $40 oil price". That is an utter fallacy and I'd encourage you to read the quarterly to see how that math doesn't stack up. Whilst BYE would lose value in a poor oil price environment, it would survive profitably for years at minuscule prices due to its low cost operations.

In a nutshell you could've summed your post up by saying that you think the oil price is going to go down and that you don't think BYE is a great investment for that reason. However, your lack of understanding of the company and the recent announcement came across poorly; especially when repeating a non-factual statement relating to production cost.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $49.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.6¢ 4.6¢ $15.44K 335.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 1323175 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 244510 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.45am 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.