ALC 20.0% 6.6¢ alcidion group limited

Funny you should mention block chain. Conceptually EMR's could...

1. 4,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1130
    Funny you should mention block chain. Conceptually EMR's could be a perfect candidate for the blockchain technology.

Bear with me here.
    Every patient has electronic medical records. Those records are obviously, sensitive, confidential and should not be tampered with. The secure storage and handling of EMR is an extremely important focus of many governments around the world and as such various systems and regulations are in place to ensure the safety and privacy of patients is maintained.

Naturally Blockchain allows for records to be updated, visitations logged, health metrics monitored during patient lifecycles etc etc, all while being time stamped securely in the block. I've thought about how this could be integrated into Miya or any EMR system for that matter and it really seems like a plausible step to take.

Halamka and researchers at the MIT Media Lab have developed a prototype system called MedRec (pdf), using a private blockchain based on Ethereum. It automatically keeps track of who has permission to view and change a record of medications a person is taking.

There is a very real possibility that nutting out an EMR/management system that utilizes blockchain could work directly within Miya, especially given how Miya was designed with a robust abstraction layer that allows for implementation of additional modules such as this.

Anyways enough rambling for me...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.6¢
Change
0.011(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $88.60M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 8.0¢ 6.5¢ $982.9K 13.91M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 220659 6.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.