RUL 1.16% $2.55 rpmglobal holdings limited

Ann: Software Subscription TCV and ARR Update, page-29

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 182
    Without full visibility into RPM's client contracts and agreements it is very difficult to say how the maintenance scheme works, but would be a good question to put forward.

I fully expect the subscription model to cannibalize the maintenance revenue and strongly disagree with @Jimmy_C. In general I would expect a subscription model (these days we often call this "Software as a Service") would provide a much higher level of support and more inclusions/updates than a perpetual licence.

Any analogy to buying/leasing/renting is flawed, because you never 'own' software (you merely license it), but even at the most simplistic level a subscription model includes updates and improvements as they become available, whilst a perpetual licence means updates are optional and come with additional charge. This distinction is a key part of the subscription value proposition - known and stable costs.

We should expect that the majority of support / maintenance income is linked to perpetual licence holders. Good news is that any licence holder can only 'get out of' their support / maintenance costs by buying a (more expensive) subscription.
    Last edited by nooneimportant: 15/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RUL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.55
Change
-0.030(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $564.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.60 $2.60 $2.52 $1.624M 635.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2210 $2.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.55 4727 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RUL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.