I88 1.96% 50.0¢ infini resources limited

The thing is pispheet, you absolutely did miss a good trade when...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,865 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 497
    The thing is pispheet, you absolutely did miss a good trade when you were oblivious to the play in front of you when the SP was just 49c when you kicked off your agenda. If you figured out how to use the stop loss function on your trading platform you could have easily ridden the SP up, adjusting your stop loss up on the way and not been down on your principle amount. I was stopped out this morning.. Nearly doubled my principle amount. Not boasting but its not complex.

Will I buy back in? Absolutely if the SP gets on with it again which I reckon is quite likely.

Did I sell because I lost confidence in the company? Absolutely not, I set a stop loss order to take the emotional dilemma out of preserving a profit.

Do I think the SP has more upside? Absolutely, and that is a real risk I accept in setting a stop loss, I could easily miss a bigger profit if the SP takes off or gaps up.

Does the strategy work every time? Absolutely not, but most of the time if I pick my entry well I increase my principal. Like most people I am terrible at choosing when to sell. Much better at choosing when to buy. Over time my strategy has worked exceptionally well for me.

Would I hold something like I88 longer term? Absolutely, have held some companies quite long term, but only if the SP continues to get on with it. That's not for everyone but what suits me personally. I rarely hold a stock that has stagnated long or is trending backwards.

Do I resent negative posts? Absolutely not when they are constructive and they increase my understanding of the company. In fact, I have made more coin over the years paying close attention to well reasoned negative posts than swallowing the rhetoric of those addicted to a fairy tale ending. Well intentioned and reasoned negative posts are like a canary in the mine, they cause me to pressure test what I am investing in, even if just to confirm I am happy proceeding.

Am I jealous of holders who got in before me or who are making serious coin while I am out? Absolutely not, I really love a success story and if I can't be part of some of the action I get a kick out of watching others get ahead.

To my mind I would rather spend my time and energy calculating my entry and stop loss levels than spending my time repeatedly having a dig from the cheap seats at companies I have no holding in. I make a lot more money that way...

Good luck to you phispheet, and good luck to all holders. Its not a competition with others, its a game against yourself. Figure out how to beat yourself and you will make money. Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add I88 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.