TGA 0.00% $1.17 thorn group limited

"Forager sold 10 million shares at average of 0.207 in April.Can...

1. 682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 248

"Forager sold 10 million shares at average of 0.207 in April.
    Can we assume that they will be sellers at 0.21?"

I cannot say what Forager will do, but it would be normal for there to be a gain-of-control premium.
    When Forager sold at 20.7 cents, a month ago, they were not selling into a takeover, whereas now they would be.
    Somers' bid should include a premium for gaining control.
    If Forager could get 20.7 cent a month ago, why would they sell the rest of their shares into a takeover for just 21 cents?
    As of the last notice, Forager were still holding 11.75% of the shares in TGA.
    If Forager are still holding more than 10% of the shares, they can block compulsory acquisition of all the shares and thereby block the takeover. In other words, Forager would still have a blocking stake.

As noted by radman41, would Somers sell all their shares for 21 cents? I think not.
    Thus far, every share traded since the offer has traded above the offer price.
    I think the market is sending a message to Somers.
    The pressure is now really on the non-Somer's directors as they have to come out and say whether the bid is fair.
    Will the non-Somer's directors find an accounting firm willing to write a report saying that they consider 21 cents to be fair and reasonable?
    Possibly, but if they do, it will be a transparently risible opinion.

What Somers have offered thus far, is pure brass neck opportunism.

BTW, because this is an on-market bid, I wondered if that negated the requirement for a bidder's and a target's statements, but not according the reference below.

"Despitethe offers being made on-market, a bidder’s statementand target’s statement still needs to be prepared in amarket bid." Page 32

https://www.allens.com.au/globalassets/pdfs/sectors-services/ma/takeovers-handbook.pdf

Cheers

Last edited by Downanout: 20/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.