SOR 4.88% 4.3¢ strategic elements limited

No, I don't think anyone is asking you to assume that. I think...

1. 798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    No, I don't think anyone is asking you to assume that.
    I think Andy was saying that the answers to your requirement for voltage, current, humidity levels were contained in the 21 Mar 2021 announcements. I'd be amazed if, with SOR's drive and the university's expertise, no progress had been made in twelve months.
    Subtle changes in the composition of semi-conductors (and other marterials) in the past have made spectacular differences to performance.

I'm GUESSING that what they are picking up on is a combination of the native static electricity charge of graphene, layered between two dissimilar electrode materials, and increased humidity improves conductivity of electrons somewhere along the way. So, the more humid, the more conductivity of electrons - up to a point. If my guess is correct, then OBVIOUSLY they are going to tinker with the composition of the electrodes to see what twitches produce what results. But it's just a guess.

Think about the history of diodes. The first generation were tiny. It took very little energy to let the smoke out of them for good. But, with experimentation and observation, the technology improved... and improved.

Now we have power diodes rectifying thousands of volts at huge current loads, running too hot to touch, and they are orders of magnitude cheaper and more efficient than the old mercury arc or induction motor/generator rectifiers they replaced. (For those with a technical interest who have never seen one, they were an amazing machine consisting of a rotor with brushes and a commutator at one end and slip rings at the other - quite ingenius, really.)

What intrigues me about this current stuff is the claim that they capture energy from moisture in the air. So, does this produce cooling of the air, with consequent condensation? Could one side-benefit of large-scale adoption be de-humidification? Or production of water in arid regions? Else, if their stuff does really take energy from moisture in the air, how is the resultant cooling dissipated?

Real questions this time, @Iloveicecreams ;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.002(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $19.21M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.1¢ 4.3¢ 4.1¢ $22.32K 536.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 56112 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 15373 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.