NCZ 0.00% $1.10 new century resources limited

Hello All, I worked as a mining engineer at Century right up...

1. 18 Posts.
    Hello All,

I worked as a mining engineer at Century right up until mining stopped in late 2015. Dont believe the hype...

I was involved in numerous strategic studies of the South Block and Eastern Fault block - there is definitely good quality ore there, but the thing isn't disclosed in these reports is how significant the geotechnical and other risks are.

Magazine hill fault behind the South block is the biggest threat... it cuts directly through an extremely cultural sensitive area, Magazine Hill. If there is any disturbance at all noticed on that hill (and there is a very very high chance there would be if they proceeded with the south block cut back) the mine would be immediately and indefinitely shut down.

It is for this reason we left 10's of millions of dollars of already blasted ore in the ground right at the bottom of stage 10 (the final stage of the original big zinc) and backfilled over the top of it with waste to act as a counter weight to the movement that was occurring along the Magazine Hill fault line...

if you have every looked at one of these reports and thought to yourself "why didnt they just mine that while they were there the first time" its not because the metal prices were lower or the orebody wasnt as well understood. The geotechnical and reputation risks were far far too great...

Buyer beware is all im going to say.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.